Featuring the US Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance: the guys who fought the War on Terror!
Our Marine Recon DVD set includes four revealing documentary films recorded during training and from inside the Iraq War. This is not the war you saw on the 5 o'clock news. This is the real war in Iraq with real soldiers and real terrorists...and real footage so intense at times that you'll forget you're not actually there. Experience the fears, frustrations, and raw emotions of our Marine Recon force -- and see first person what it's like to be in the final weeks of Recon training, only to be deployed to Iraq's Sunni Triangle to fight the War on Terror. Directed by award-winning filmmaker Gordon Forbes III, who was embedded with Alpha Company -- the Marine Corps' 3rd Reconnaissance Battalion -- in 2005. Enjoy the following features:
Our Marine Recon DVD set makes a great gift!
- Includes four intense 50-minute documentary films
- Brothers in Arms - Meet the men of Alpha Company in the U.S. Marine Corps' 3rd Reconnaissance Battalion and experience their final weeks training in Southern California before deploying to Iraq. With Hollywood special effects and actors, and even real ammunition, see how these Marines are pushed to their limits in order to be fully prepared for a new kind of war.
- Strangers in a Strange Land - Join Alpha Company in Iraq's Sunni Triangle, where the heat soars to 115 degrees by 8:30 in the morning. Go with the Marines as they hunt insurgents, a job that can seem tedious and routine -- until an Improvised Explosive Device detonates underneath your vehicle or a suicide bomber blows himself up 30 feet in front of you.
- In the Wilderness of Zaidon - Get inside the heads of the men of Alpha Company, 3rd Reconnaissance Battalion, and understand why they became Marines. Then find out what is behind Iraqi insurgents' actions. Is it really political? Or is there money to be made in killing an American soldier? Patrol alongside the Marines under the scorching sun and the constant threat of death.
- The Rules of Engagement - Alpha Company's mission is winding down, and the Marines are fighting an unexpected and extremely dangerous enemy: complacency. But the Marines need to stay on their toes: Not only do they need to hunt down a notorious terrorist named "Scarface," but they also must attempt to extract information from people who either don't want to help or are too afraid to.
- Get a feel for what it's like to go to war, from the frustrating language barrier to the constant fear of being killed by IEDs and suicide bombers
- Hunt down a notorious terrorist named "Scarface"
- See how the Marines interact with the local Iraqi population in and around Zaidon as they gather information on insurgents
- Find out how high-tech Hollywood effects and actors are used to prepare Marines for war
- Total run time: Approximately 200 minutes
- This program is not rated. May contain scenes and language not suitable for all viewers.